The Greenovations Africa Program 2023 is now accepting applications! This program aims to support and nurture promising green innovations by providing tailored support, mentorship, and seed grant funding to bring your ideas to market and scale.
Driving Green Entrepreneurship in Africa
The advancement of the green sector in Africa can foster entrepreneurship development and job opportunities, particularly for youth-and women-led initiatives. By expanding the portfolio of bankable, concept-proofed green business models, the Greenovations Africa program contributes to the continent’s economic welfare and GDP growth potential, currently valued at $500 billion/year over the next 30 years.
Programme at a Glance
- 6-month incubation and 3-month post-incubation program with a blended approach:
- Online capacity-building training for hard skills and competencies in the selected sector/market segment
- Strengthening innovative product/service development
- Integration in local tech hubs/Fab labs from the AfriLabs community/network across Africa
- Mentoring support with one-on-one coaching, dedicated technical expert support, and business coaching from ecosystem experts
- Access to marketplaces, Africa-focused investors, and funding opportunities through UNFCCC’s investment mechanisms
- Exposure to international institutions and forums supporting the implementation of green/climate solutions
- Open for innovators across Africa
Greenovations Africa Program Benefits
- Technical expertise in selected green sectors
- Cutting-edge technical knowledge and skills for implementing innovative solutions in climate action, renewable energy, smart agriculture, water management, and waste management sectors
- Latest entrepreneurship concepts and tools for successful businesses and start-ups in Africa
- Dedicated mentorship and access to a network of Entrepreneurship Support Organizations (ESOs)
- Integration into local hubs with state-of-the-art facilities
- Exposure to international institutions and forums supporting green/climate solutions implementation
- Seed funding for 30 successful applicants (3,300 Euros each) to bring their projects to fruition and market-ready
Greenovations Africa Program Eligibility
- Young African under 35 years old, holding a passport from an African Union member country.
- Based in one or more countries in Africa
- Have an innovative green business in an early stage of development
- Be digitally literate (know how to use the internet, computers, etc.)
- Be fluent in English
Greenovations Africa Program Selection Criteria
- Innovative business solution in the defined green sector with high impact potential
- Practical feasibility of the product/service
- Commercial potential of the product/service
- Growth potential of the innovative business solution
How to Apply for Greenovations Africa Program
Submit your application for the Greenovations Africa Program 2023 by clicking here.
For more information about the program, visit the Greenovations website.
Deadline: April 24, 2023. Don’t miss this opportunity to bring your green innovation to life!
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.